Favorite Soup: Turkey Chili
Sharing one of my favorite soup recipes Turkey Chili
It’s that season…soup season!! If you’re like me I’m always cold, so I crave soup during this time of year. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite soup recipes! First up in this blog post is this Turkey Chili recipe that I got from Pinterest which is a recipe from Ambitious Kitchen. It says that it’s the best turkey chili, and I would have to agree!
Here’s the recipe, but I tweaked it for my family. 😉
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (I just eyeball this)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (I do 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (I do 5 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (I do 3 teaspons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I do 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I leave this one out)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (I do 2 cartons of chicken broth)
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I leave this out)
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute.
- Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. …I probably do 20 minutes 😉
I have an Instagram reel showing the process here! Using our Hestan 48” 5-burner all gas range with 12” griddle and notice the backlit knobs when the range is in use!
Nick and I use this Hestan NanoBond Titanium 8qt Stockpot all the time…with a family of 6, this is a must!
Hope you try this Turkey Chili recipe for yourself!
You can learn more about our Hestan appliances here!